Monday, August 27, 2012

Putting and Piano (08.26.12)

08.26.12

Today our main outing was golf. Set on being able to say we played in Scotland, we headed out to play nine holes of the Queen's course, one of the four courses at the hotel. If I had to describe it in one word, I would say "squishy." Many fairways has puddles and mud, and the ground everywhere was pretty saturated with water. Despite this, I discovered my love of the Callaway 5 Wood (a set of rental clubs, I've always played Ping or Cobra). We had our good and bad holes, but despite trying (and failing) to hit out of the sand, whiffing shots, or hitting into the rough, I ended on a good note. Hitting my 5 wood, I almost hit the pin from a long distance, sinking my ball onto the green (a rare occasion) without chipping (my least favorite thing). Here's a few shots of all of us, dad had a caddie while mum and I pushed carts.







Returning, we had lunch at the club house, and thought about what to do. I wanted to return to Stirling to walk around the town, however by the time we finished eating, the drive would have gotten me there just in time for shops closing. Mum and I instead hung around the room and relaxed, while Dad got a message.

We chose to eat dinner in the Strathern restaurant again, the fancier dining room here at the hotel. We sat under a greenhouse-like building, with the piano man once more playing his tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment